It is clear that fan filter unit maintenance is a very important issue. Good maintenance of the FFU will increase the life of the FFU blower filter and save a certain amount of expenses for business. Here are the things needed to maintain FFU:
- 1. Replace the filter during fan filter unit maintenance
- 2. Measure the cleanliness of cleanroom periodically
- 3. During fan filter unit maintenance, it needs to stop for the HEPA filter and the pre-filter replacement
- 4. When the FFU blower filter unit changes the high-efficiency filter, here are things that should be considered
1. Replace the filter during fan filter unit maintenance
According to the environmental cleanliness level, the filter of FFU in the cleanroom should be replaced regularly. The lifetime of HEPA filter is usually 6-12 months. A High-efficiency filter that cannot be cleaned needs to be replaced.
You can read When should I replace HEPA Filter, ULPA filter in cleanroom? to find out the perfect time to replace the filter.
2. Measure the cleanliness of cleanroom periodically
You should use a dust sensor to measure the cleanliness of cleanroom areas every 2 months. When the measured cleanliness does not match the required cleanliness, it is necessary to find the cause (Check whether the HEPA filter is working effectively, there are leaks or not …). If the HEPA filter is defective or out of date, the new filter should be replaced.
3. During fan filter unit maintenance, it needs to stop for the HEPA filter and the pre-filter replacement
You must stop the machine when changing the filter to be safe and avoid problems.
4. When the FFU blower filter unit changes the high-efficiency filter, here are things that should be considered
- When replacing the high-efficiency filter in FFU machine, special care should be taken when opening the box, transporting, and installing it to ensure that the filter paper is intact and undamaged during installation.
- Before installing the FFU, please expose the new high-efficiency filter to the light, observe if the high-efficiency filter is damaged by transportation or other reasons, if the filter paper has holes, it cannot be used.
- When replacing the FFU high-efficiency filter, first remove the box, then remove the damaged high-efficiency filter and replace it with a new one. Note that the high-efficiency filter’s airflow arrow mark must be in the correct direction. Make sure the frame is sealed, then return the canister cover to its original position
Good fan filter unit maintenance significantly saves the HEPA filter replacement cost, so the user should keep these items in mind.
See more articles about FFU here
Please watch more videos about fan filter unit and HEPA filter below.