Installing fan filter unit in cleanroom is a crucial job. If the installation is done accurately, the FFU will work efficiently, but if it is not done properly you won’t get the desired effect. This article will provide you the fan filter unit installation instructions in cleanroom.
1. Fan filter unit installation conditions
Here are some environmental conditions and dress code requirements for FFU installers:
- When fan filter unit is installed, cleanroom must be closed completely. It takes 3 days for this device to remove all the dust and clean entirely the room
- Installers must wear clean clothes and gloves in order to prevent dirt from entering fan filter unit and HEPA filter
- 6 installers per group are recommended
- Ultra-fine glass fiber filter paper in HEPA filter is easily broken and damaged, therefore do not drop the filter or open the package during transportation, do not touch filter materials with bare hands.
2. Fan filter unit installation process
Step 1: Prepare the necessary tools and aluminum ladders to install the FFU. Two workers are expected to install on the ceiling, prepare the ceiling frame and the screw bar for the handrail. Pay attention to safety! Please refer to the picture below.
Step 2: Two more people are expected to put the FFU on the high table, and have a high-efficiency filter ready for the installation.
Step 3: When the preparation is ready, the cleanroom workers put the FFU on top of the ceiling, and the workers on the ceiling take the FFU from the cleanroom workers.
Step 4: The fan filter unit needs to be tilted and lifted upwards.
Step 5: The workers on the ceiling lift the fan filter unit and the cleanroom workers install a HEPA filter from below.
Step 6: The filter is tilted up (pay attention to the correct direction)
Step 7: After the HEPA filter is put in the right place, the workers should install it carefully, please check the FFU body to see if any corners are pressed against the HEPA filter.
The fan filter unit installation is done. The FFU is now ready to use.